POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Is there a neater way of doing this? : Re: Is there a neater way of doing this? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:21:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is there a neater way of doing this?
From: ABX
Date: 20 Jan 2003 12:22:40
Message: <qebo2vkbbpv2s8k2268k67pm2tilbq4bno@4ax.com>
On Mon, 20 Jan 2003 17:02:15 -0000, "Doctor John" <jgu### [at] netscapenet>
wrote:
> Hmm, I thought about that and will try it when I get home tonight but I have
> a horrible feeling that it might not work as hoped.

In case if you could somehow unify ini settings you could of course try
two-frames long animation with cameras and objects selected with build-in
'frame_number' keyword. But I suppose you have different ini files for
important resons. There was 'ini_option' feature in old MegaPOV and it could
help in this case but I don't know if it will be ported again to reworked
MegaPOV. I can't recall requests for this particular feature recently :-)

> The other point, not actually verbalised by me in the post, was that the
> file takes ages to parse and I was hoping to save time by not having to
> parse twice.

No doubts some of next releasses of MegaPOV will have some kind of
camera-based pigment/pattern. Such patches are already available IIRC. So you
could use separated locations in space to create envrionment for first image
and another locations in space to create environment for second image with
used image_maps over first location. I hope it is readable explanation.

> BTW Thanks for pointing out my original FieldCam post to everyone whilst I
> was ill.

No problem.

ABX